Friday, September 12, 2008

8 Daisy's for Daisy!


Yeah it’s Friday!

The card I’m posting today was made for my Daughter’s friend Daisy, who is turning 8 tomorrow. Since I needed a card & wanted to play in the waste not want notchallenge jess jean(Jessica) was hosting in the Ginak forum, I decided to combine the two!

I used the daisy from the ‘Flowers for Daisy’set, designed by Asela Hopkins, it can be found at GinaK Designs. It’s a beautiful set! I decided to make 8 Daisy’s since she is turning eight.

The challenge was to use a whole 6x6 piece of designer paper, which I’ve never done before. Mostly because I am a self proclaimed DP hoarder! So I’m proud of myself, I used the whole entire piece!

The card base is white, with a layer of pretty in pink dp.

I cut all the pieces as described in the ‘Waste not want not’thread. That’s how I started anyway! I did end up cutting the 2x2 piece into 4 triangles, and the 2x4 piece into 2 - 1x4’s.

I used the Martha Stewart Doily lace edge punch on the white strips.

I stamped 8 flowers with the noir black palette ink. The centers of the flowers are colored with a pretty in pink marker, and the petals are covered with the stardust gelly roll pen. I love that stuff! You can actually see it in this photo. I attached 6 of the flowers with clear glue dots just in the center of the flower, and I also covered the centers of the flowers with diamond stickles. The last 2 flowers were popped up with dimensionals. Added some ribbon & da da! A pretty shimmery bouquet!

I had to add some of the dp inside, I’ll add a photo of that so you can see what it looks like.

I hope you all have a great day!

Laurie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This card is just beautiful Laurie. You have done a superb job.