Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Retirement To Me!


Hello, I made this for Thursdays ways to use it challenge, WT218 tins!

While it didn't come about quite as planned, on May 11, I signed my pension papers! I worked at GM in the factory for a little over 25 yrs. It felt a little strange walking out of there for the very last time! and hopefully our pensions will be safe.

So this is a gift to me, I covered a tin bank I bought for $1 at the Dollarama. I love getting a pedicure, but with the state of things today, and wanting to spend any extra money I have on stampin stuff, I figure I can feel guilt free getting a pedicure if I save for one! So this will be my pedicure savings bank!


I used spa Sophie, coloured her with prismacolour pencils & oms. I also added stickles to the water, and a stardust pen on the nail polish bottles for sparkle. I used the nestie label #2 die to cut her out.

The sentiment is from SU congrats, and I thought it went perfectly! I cut it out with one of the nestie double ended tags. The flowers were made with the 3 flower punch, and the leaves from the EK rock fern punch. I used the cropadile to make a hole for the brad at the top. I was even able to poke a hole with my point poker thing...(forget the proper name!) down lower to set the brad in.

I finished it off with ribbon.

Have a Great Day!

Laurie

1 comment:

Gina Lindsay said...

Adorable bank! Congratulations on your retirement.