Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MMTPT151, Designer Dodge Balls!


Hello I made this for this weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge MMTPT151! This weeks challenge is to bring round cards, I'm so glad I bought this die last week, it's perfect for round cards.

This weeks Destination Station is to Sandy, a friend of fellow Teapotter Charlene (Cookiebaker) who is currently undergoing chemo for her second bout with breast cancer. Because of this, I decided to use Breast Cancer Stella, from Totally Stampalicious, but I didn't use the traditional pink!

The colours I used are this weeks colour challenge colours CC328, cherry night cakes!

Stella was coloured with copics, I paper pieced her dress and added pearls for earrings.

The card base was made with a Marianne Designs Die LR0112. The card stock was folded in half and then I placed the die off the fold a bit for the front & back would stay attached.

The faux denim was made earlier, please follow this link for the Faux Denim Tutorial!

The branches were made with the 2 step bird punch. The button is chipboard, I covered it with cardstock to match and tied on some linen thread.

Stamps: Breast Cancer Stella
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Vanilla Neenah solar crest, SU dp
Ink: memento tuxedo black, night of navy, crumb cake
Accessories: copics, petite oval/scallop nesties, circle nesties, Marianne Designs LR0112, distressing tool, 2 step bird punch, linen thread, dimensionals, chipboard button


Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS, love a round card!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

Laurie....I am loving this Stella roundabout......Sandy willlove it