Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RILEY0310, Cowboy Riley Is A Star!

Hello, it's time for another fun challenge with the Riley and Company Design Team. This weeks Hostess is the ever talented Cindy Haffner! Cindy is challenging us to use red, brown and caramel. I hope you can play along, it's just for fun, upload your creation to SCS using the keyword RILEY0310, so we can all see what you've come up with!

I decided to use Cowboy Riley, I love him, he's coloured with copics and I added silver atyou spica to his arrow and belt buckle.

My original plan was to use the paisley EF because that reminds me of a bandana, but then I saw the stars and that won out! The red star panel is riding hood red, then I rubbed the matching ink pad over it to dirty it up!

The creamy caramel panel was roughed up to look like leather. First I crumpled it, and distressed the edges then I flatted it and rubbed a more mustard ink pad across it & then the creamy caramel ink pad, super easy! I also used the piercer around the top edge.

Cowboy Riley was cut with circle nesties and popped up on the inverted circle nesties.

I finished it off with some ribbon and a star charm.

Check out the other members of the Riley and Company Design Team, and see what they came up with this week, you can find all the links on the right sidebar! and don't forget we'd love to see what you come up with.

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

fabulous card!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Laurie, Love your Cowboy Riley, The dp you created is awesome, you are so creative!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh awesome, you ROCKED those colors Laurie.

Riley and Company said...

This is so adorable! I love the inverted circles - nice job!

Monique said...

Awww..He is so HANDSOME!! I Love the distressing and the cute star charm :)

Shawnee Stamper said...

Cowboy Riley is just a hoot! Love your distressed leather look paper and the embossed stars. The whole layout is just awesome.