Tuesday, August 10, 2010

RILEY1510, Oh The Things You Can Stamp With!

Hello, time for another challenge from the Riley and Company Design Team! I am honored to be the hostess this week, and I'm challenging you to make a card using a non-stamp item! Look around your house, I'm sure you'll find something.

A couple ideas, pencils eraser, elastics wrapped around a block and inked up, potato, sponge, netting from onions, childrens blocks, use your imagination!

I used a net bag from onions and another from sweet potatoes to add texture to the sky and sand on my card!

I used the new Seaside Sophie for todays card. I stamped the image onto white, and coloured with copics. The oval was made using a nestie and I sponged in some baja breeze around the edges.
The sentiment is also new from Riley and Company, I popped it up and added some tiny gems.
The card base is baja breeze. I inked up the netting in matching ink, and stamped all over for texture. Then I sponged the edges.
The faux sand is creamy caramel, the top edge punched with an EK punch. I used the other net bag to stamp in texture with matching ink and then sponged the edges.
The crabs were made with an EK punch, in riding hood red, they're popped up too!
I can't wait to see what the other DT Gals came up with, you can find links to all their Blogs on the right side bar under the Riley and Company heading!
So why not ink up those Riley & Company stamps, and play long! You can leave a link to your card on the Riley and Company Blog, and if you upload to SCS or other forums, please use the keyword RILEY1510.
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

9 comments:

Monique said...

So cute Laurie...Love that sentiment and Sophie is very cute!!

StampOwl said...

love it Laurie

Silli said...

wow- zers...great idea Laurie...

Anne Tussing said...

Great use of netting:) Love your coloring!

Dana Jones said...

Awesome! Great job with the nets!

Cindy Haffner said...

So SWEET!

Monique said...

Hi Laurie
I just thought I would let you know I have award your blog as a " Blog I love" ... You can check it out on my site... Thanks for all the inspiration you pass on to me

Hugs
Monique

Unknown said...

Super cute, Laurie!!

amberbop said...

I can't even believe how cute these are. I LOVE them. They feel like summer.