Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hanna Challenges from Mom & Daughter


Hello, these are my entries for the November release challenge on the Hanna Stamps Forum.

#1 was a sketch challenge hosted by Candice. I used diet Sophie for the first time, she totally reminds me of myself!

The dp is from the DCWV sweet stack. I stamped her on white & coloured her with koh-i-noor pencils and oms (odorless mineral spirits) This is currently my favorite way to colour Riley & Sophie. I also stamped on soft sky dp & cut out the scale, then I stamped of white & cut out the dial of the scale, and I coated this with crystal effects so it would look like glass. The muffin is covered in dazzling diamonds glitter. The main image is popped up.

The sentiment is computer generated!

#2 challenge hosted by Beth (MyPrecious) was to make a non-traditional baby card, NO pastels.

I used the Stroller moose stamp. I chose the dp first, and picked out orchid opulence & green galore to go with it. The dp had hearts so I used the heart block EF and stamped little hearts on the card base. The heart stamp & the sentiment are from SU Short & Sweet.

The image was stamped onto white, coloured with koh-i-noor pencials & oms. I also stamped on green dp, and cut out the stroller. The main image panel is popped up.
#3 is for the Friday challenge on the Hanna Stamps Forum, there’s a new challenge every Friday! This weeks was hosted by Bev (TexasGrammy), we were to use chipboard.

I don’t have much in the way of Chipboard! I do have a big letter set, so I decided to use the Sleepy Time Riley for the first time. He is so adorable!

I picked the dp first again, and went with some paper from the Basic Grey two scoops pad. I used the koh-i-noor pencils, oms and SU markers to colour him in. I goofed & went outside the line in a couple spots cause I ran out of small blending stumps so I was using one that was too big on the pjs! Hopefully you didn’t notice til I mentioned it!

I used the letter Z, and covered it with dp & then stickles.

My Daughter Olivia (8) is always hoping to catch me working on a challenge so she can join in! I don’t have the heart to say no, and she has some great ideas.

For the chipboard challenge Olivia really was faced with a challenge because she had an idea, but we didn’t have chipboard to make it! She wanted a Riley sitting at a desk, with letters, like a,b,c, behind him. So she settled for school Riley and made her chipboard. The black strip is cardboard, taken from the recycle box, covered with black & then she added sticker letters!

I think my favorite is her non-traditional baby card! The before & after is so funny! She used Expecting Sophie, and stroller moose stamps.

Hope you like them!
Have a great day
Laurie

3 comments:

Anita said...

Laurie, Beautiful cards! Great job with the challenges.

Oliva, Beautiful cards! I love the before and after card!

theneon said...

Hi Laurie -- you've sure been busy. Your cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Martha Kay

Julia Aston said...

I love all your cards here - especially the diet Sophie one -haven't seen her - I can relate too!!!

And your daughters cards are just terrific and so creative! very nice job!

thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment too!