Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rock-On H&M sketch & colour challenges


Hello everyone, well it’s Thursday almost the end of the week, and we have snow on the ground! Boohoo…winters here!
I made this for the challenges at H&M stamps. I wasn't sure if we were to include all the colours, I have no red, hope that's ok! if not that's ok too! lol
This card is also for my daughters friend, he’s turning 16. His Mom has enlisted my Daughter in helping to plan a surprise party for him & his twin brother on Saturday! I made a card for the other brother using this set a while back. I’ll try to find that pic & post it too!
The card base is chocolate chip, with a layer of kiwi kiss, and dp from DCWV rockstar stack. The word 'music' was in the dp so I lined it up to fit on the bottom.The dp across the middle has guitars, which luckily are covered, because I glued the panel upside down!
I stamped the main image from the ‘Rock-on’ set was stamped with burnt umber onto vanilla. I stamped it close to the bottom of my piece, then used a ruler & exact knife to cut a straight line across the top inbetween his limbs. Then I cut around his limbs. This panel is popped up. I stamped the sentiment in kiwi kiss, and sponged the edges with cool caribbean. The circles were cut with punches & nesties. The smaller circle with the hand is popped up too.I added 3 brads to finish it off.
aha I found a picture of the other card

This card uses the same stamp set as above.

The card base is chocolate chip, with a layer of old olive, and a layer of coredinations dp embossed with the allegro EF and lightly sanded.The image is from H&M's Rock-on set. I stamped the rocker in blush onto vanilla. The I stamped it in old olive, & brown, cut out the top and pants & glued inplace. The hair was coloured with a creamy caramel marker. The guitar was stamped with bravo burgandy craft onto vanilla, and embossed with clear EP.The music note is from a inkadinkado set, of course I can't remember the name! I stamped it in versamark onto old olive, attached an eyelet & cut it out. The trim is faux leather from the $ store.

Have a great Day!

Laurie

No comments: