Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Love Bird Ornaments!


Hello, I made this for Faith's (Markie's Mom) Tuesday chat challenge on the Flourishes forum. We were to use stamps from more than 1 set. Well mine isn't as creative as Faith's example, The bird (I love), and the branch were from 'All that Glitters' & the sentiment is from 'Poinsetta & Boxwood'.

The card base is always artichoke, with a layer of this beautiful glittery paper from flourishes. I stamped the bird in versamark onto white & embossed with gold EP. Then I masked the bird, and stamped the branch with always artichoke craft. Then I embossed the branch with clear EP. Sue if you're reading this I know you'll think I'm crazy, but I made a mask of the branch & stamped it again! It really wasn't that hard.

I coloured the image with SU markers, and cut out with rectangle nesties.The sentiment was stamped with versamark & embossed with gold. I used a circle punch, & circle nesties.

I bought the beads at Michaels a few weeks ago thinking I could use them on Christmas cards, but hadn't used any yet. So I decided I had to use them today. I used a corsage pin, and to hold the beads in place I used crystal effects. There's tiny gold brads in the corners, and the finishing touch was the ribbon. I couldn't believe how well it matched!

Thanks for stopping by!

Laurie

No comments: