Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday & Pendant Holder!

Hello, this is a card & gift holder I made for my Girlfriend for her birthday! I was really happy with the way this turned out! I had also made the card for a challenge to make a card with a window. That took alot of thought & patients to line up, but I finally did it!


The card base is tempting turquiose. The bottom front is a piece of coredinations (love that stuff) embossed with the swiss dot EF, and lightly sanded. On the top, I used a stamp from SU garden silouette, and stamped in versamark. Then I used embossing powder from Michael's called Marcasite, it's black with sparkle in it! The window was made with the nestie curved rectangle mega dies. The sentiment is from SU Great Friend, I cut it out by hand. The black layer behind it was made with the matchbox die.
I didn't take a pic of the inside..oops! But the girls are from the Breast Cancer Hanna set. I coloured them with copics, and added dp for the dresses.

One of my favorite places to visit is Faith's blog, aka Markie's Mom. She had a fabulous tutorial on making this nestie box/bag. I loved it so much I had to buy the nestie set & give it a try, and as it turned out, it was the perfect holder for my gift!

I used the SU Garden Silouette set again here. The londer branches are stamped in just black, and the smaller ones are done in versamark & EP the same as above. All the butterflies are made with a Martha Stewart punch, and I added tiny gems to the centers.


This is the pendant holder. I just cut the cardstock to fit the pendant & fit inside nicely so it didn't move around too much. The top tab is made with the tab punch & helps to easily pull it out!


Have a Great Day!

Laurie

No comments: