Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Macho Riley Rides a Harley!


and he needs a good soak in the tub to easy his aching muscles! I had this idea in my head a couple days before the last challenge was due! Unfortunately I didn't have time to make it before I went away, but the idea wouldn't go away so I had to make it!

This also fits the Friday challenge on the Hanna Stamps forum HSC82, hosted by Nikki, aka bunny-zoe. We were to use a distressing technique. I used the SU distressing tool, and on the card I crumpled up the 2 black stripes to get a worn leathery look.

I found the recipe for the bath salts online, they're pretty easy.

1 cup epsom salts
1/4 cup sea salt
2-3 tbsp baking soda
scented oil (soap isle at Michaels)

You can also colour it by adding food colouring, but I chose not to because I figured orange would be too much orange, and black just didn't seem appealing! lol

I found the mug at a new $ store that just opened here, Dollar Giant. They had a whole isle of scrapbooking stuff too!

So there you have it, a nice gift for the macho guy in your life!
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Shawne said...

this is one awesome macho gift se!The "leather" strips look great!