Monday, September 7, 2015

ABC, Hunky Post-it Note Holder

 Hello, it's Anything But A Card day at Catch The Bug, and today I've made a Post-it Note holder! My Daughter Olivia is starting Grade 10 this year and she loves Thor so I've made her this Hunky Post-it note holder for her desk!

I used Thor Superhero from Bugaboo Stamps, and coloured him with copics. I couldn't find a tutorial for making the box, so I made it myself. The post-it notes are 3"x3" so here's how I made it...

Cut 2 pieces of black cardstock 6.75" x 2.75" with the long side along the top of your score tray score at 3 1/8" and 6.25" this will leave you 1/2" at the end to glue to the other piece. Then score both pieces at 1.5" down the length. Then snip the folds on the 1.25" side up to the score line as shown.

Glue the two pieces together, fold in the flaps and glue in place (there will be a hole in the middle) 

Cut 2 pieces 3"x3", glue one down on the inside and glue one onto the bottom...this will firm up the bottom and cover the hole.
The piece around the outside is going grey sponged with basic grey and embossed with Darice - crackle embossing folder then I ran an encore silver ink pad over it. I did the same with the backing piece behind the image, I like the way it looks like worn hammered metal!
I think I might make myself one of these, maybe with the adorable Kitties from Bugaboo Stamps
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card and image thanks for sharing!!!