Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Framed Bella Rose



Hello, I want to share with you a project I made today, for a challenge Melanie Muenchinger is having on her blog, Hand, Head & Heart.
We were to make something featuring a sentiment. I chose one of the verses from her set ‘Say It With Flowers’ I love this verse, to me it says look at the bright side, I try to live my life by that! Even named my blog with that thought! Lol
The frame is a shadow box type frame I bought at our local Dollarama. The paper is SU bella rose. The layers were cut with the new label #1 dies, and I sponged the edges. The rose is cut from the paper, but the leaves are from Melanie’s “A year with flowers’. I stamped the leaf 3 times, colored with prismacolor pencils & oms, then cut out.
I used dimensionals to pop up the rose & the main panels. Then I finished it with a ribbon & some tiny gems.
The picture makes it look a little dark, sorry about that!
Have a Great Evening
Laurie

No comments: