Monday, January 18, 2010

Riley Jan Sneak Peak Day 3

Hello, well today is day 3 of the new Riley sneak Peaks which means Blog Hop tonight at 10 pm! I hope you can make it. The new releases will be available tomorrow Jan 21 at Riley and Company.

This is the new Heart Balloon Riley. I used a Valentine theme, but you don't have to , he's very versatile, check out Frances's card today to see a different look!

So this Riley was coloured with copics, and then I thought it would be funny if he was wearing a pair of those silk boxes you see out at valentines! I tried making some but I was having trouble getting the silk look. Then I put a piece of ribbon across him & I loved that, but I thought it would be great if the sentiment was on the ribbon. Tried that several times so now I have a bunch of red satin ribbon in the garbage! lol Then I decided to return to the paper, but keep the ribbon idea...this is my usual process!

The card base is white, with a layer of red embossed with the heart block EF. I wrapped ribbon around that, I thought I had just bought some nice white ribbon with satin & sheer mix, but of course I couldn't find it! So this is two ribbons. I found the ribbon when I went to take the picture, my batteries died, and so I reached for my camera bag for more and voila...it was sitting on my new ribbon! I knew I bought some!

The main panel is the spellbinders pendant fleur de lis, then a panel popped up. The corners are rounded and the xo is a stamp from Michael's $1 bin $1.50 if you're Cdn.! Then Riley who is also popped up with his ribbon! lol

So what do you think?

Don't forget to come back for the Blog Hop tonight at 10pm est. Each member of the Design Team is giving away a new Riley to one lucky poster! Leave a comment on Everyones Blog for more chances to win!

Stamps: Heart Balloon Riley, $stamp
Paper: red, white
Ink: red, memento tuxedo black
Accessories: copics, heart block EF, spellinders fleur de lis pendant, corner rounder, dimensionals, crystal effects (balloon), ribbon

Laurie

3 comments:

Tanya/Riley and Company said...

Laurie - that is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!! I love it! Thanks!

zoe said...

Another cutie ...

I must get the fleur di lis from Spellbinders

Gwen P. said...

Wow Laurie...I LOVE the spellbinders too...I always is better when you see it used on a project...do you use it often? How do you get the balloon string cut out sooo perfectly!! Great card! Great idea!!