Sunday, August 1, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #14 & VSNAUGMINI's

Hello, don't you just love that shimmery Monarch butterfly! I made this for 2 challenges, the Speedy The Cats Friends Challenge #14, at Mark's Finest Papers. The 2nd is the VSNAUGMINI1, Nature in the land that I love, which is Hosted by Markie's Mom aka Faith!

We have Monarches here, and there beautiful bright colour always stands out! I used the butterfly from the Daffodil & Anise set from Mark's Finest Papers. I stamped him on watercolor paper with versamark & embossed with black EP. They I coloured him in with only orange & peach parfait. I then went over that with some paint from the Niji pearlescent watercolour set. I also added white inkessentials to the wings.
The card base is black, with a layer of peach parfait and the dp is Basic Greys Ambrosia.
The sentiment is from the set Ladybugs & Carnations. I finished it off with some sheer ribbon and a stick pin!

I made this card for the VSNAUGMINI2, State Flowers, Hosted by Gingerbeary8, aka CarolH. I also made this to give to our Neighbours, who are celebrating their 46th Anniversary!
The image is from Mark's Finest Papers in a set called Ladybugs & Carnations. I stamped it onto white and coloured with copics. Then I cut it out with a Labels #4 die. It's popped up.
The card base is chocolate chip, with a layer of blushing bride, the tope half is emnbossed with the victoria EF. The bottom is dp from the Basic Grey Porcelain pad.
I can't believe out of all these stamps I have I couldn't find a Happy Anniversary sentiment! So this sentiment is from the SU Baroque Motif set.
I finished it off with ribbon and I glittery brad!
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

6 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

I am so pleased to see these two incredible cards!!!! WOW!!!!

Claudine Poch said...

These are both great! Your butterly is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent couple of cards! Love your bfly! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Monique said...

What pretty cards Laurie!! Your butterfly is beautiful...Hope your having a great summer :)

Joanne Travis said...

Laurie, both of these cards are SO fabulous. I especially love the butterfly and how amazingly realistic it looks.
Thanks so much for playing in Speedy's Friends challenge this week!

Liz Williams said...

Laurie, these cards are beautiful. I love the embossing on the butterfly and the pink carnation is so wonderfully colored. Thanks for playing along in the Speedy's Friends challenge this week.