Monday, November 17, 2014

ABC, Paper Treat Purse!

 Hello, it's Anything But A Card day at Catch The Bug, and today I have a Paper Treat Purse! I saw these purses on Pinterest and wanted to try them out. I started with a 8.5" square piece of cardstock. Then score opposite sides at 3.5" and the other 2 sides at 2".The finished bag is 4.5" wide by 3.5" tall (not counting the handles)
  I covered the front and back with white cardstock embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. The image here is Candy Cane Bear from Bugaboo Stamps. I coloured him with copics and cut out with oval/scallop nesties.
 This is the inside, it fits candy and a gift card easily, perfect for Christmas. I also wanted to show you the closure I used. I can never find thin magnetic closures here, so I spotted these at the $ store. They're plastic snaps with sticky tape on them.
I just cut it in half and stuck it in place, super easy and inexpensive, plus they don't add any weight!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: