Friday, April 17, 2009

Wish Big Birthday Card & A Cool Discovery!


Hello, I made this for the Friday challenge HSC64 on the Hanna Stamps forum, make a birthday card. I also used this weeks sketch challenge SC224 She looks a little naughty, and while trying to decide what sentiment to use, I laughed when I came across this one, so I had to use it!
The stamp is from "Dress up Hanna' she's stamped in black & coloured with copics. I also added pink stickles to fancy up her undies! This panel is popped up.

The card base is black, with a layer of white, and a layer of pixie pink embossed with the script EF. I sponged the edges with the same colour. The sentiment is from SU 'Short & Sweet' punched with the small oval. I also used the oval/scallop nesties.

I made a really cool discovery while making the black strips! You may have figured this out already, but I'll share just incase someone hasn't!

To make this cool strip, you need the Martha Stewart doily lace edge punch, and a strip of cardstock 1 3/8" wide and whatever length you need.

Line up the cardstock against the edge, this makes it easier to match the scallops on each side. Punch out the whole length.

Then flip the strip over and line up against the same edge. Punch the whole length. You've probably noticed this strip is shorter! I forgot to take a picture of this step!!! so I went back and redid it but I used a shorter strip (sorry for the confusion)...we'll just have to pretend it's longer!
Now your piece should look like this! I was totally impressed. It's so great to find new uses for your punches!


Hope you have a great day!

Laurie

1 comment:

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card and I love what you did with the punch!!