Thursday, May 20, 2010

BLOG HOP Down the Yellow Brick Road!

WooHoo it's Blog Hop Time! That means lots of fabulous creations using the new Wizard of Oz set and if you leave a comment on each Blog you have that many chances to win some FREE rubber!


My first card is the whole gang in OZ, well some of them! I coloured the image with copics, then sponged in colour in the background. What do you think of the Emerald City, it's so sparkly in real life! I used the MS city scape edge punch to make it.


The sentiment is a Limited Edition stamp that won't be sold, but every Design Team member is giving one away to one lucky poster!


Recipe
Stamps: Yellow Brick Road, Limited Edition sentiment, SU itty bitty bgs
Paper: cameo coral, black, white, DCWV summer glitter stack
Ink: memento tuxedo black, cameo coral, certainly celery, bashful blue
Accessories: copics, MS city scape edge punch, sponges, EK small scallop circle (mask for clouds), square punch, dimensionals

I love this one, it took forever to colour in the background, but it was worth it! I stamped the Flying Monkey on white and coloured them in...my hand was cramping! I stamped the Bad Witch twice. Then coloured her with copics, cute the head out from one & popped it up.


The sentiment is from the new Oz words #1, it has 14 sentiments! I cut this one in half, matted it and popped it up!


Not much to this card, just time! lol


Recipe
Stamps: Bad Witch, Flying Monkey, Oz words #1
Paper: black, riding hood red, white
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: copics, ribbon, dimensionals

And this is Dorothy, she's in a better mood today, she's back to her sweet self!


I coloured the image with copics. You probably can't see in the photo, but Toto is popped up. I love pop dots! Dorothy's dress is dp from DCWV Nana's Nursery boys pkg. Her shoes are covered in xmas red stickles.


The white is embossed with the heart EF and the corner treatments are die cuts from spellbinders In Spades pendant set. The brads were already covered with red sparkles, how perfect!


The sentiment is from the new set Oz Words #1.


Recipe
Stamps: Dorothy, Oz words #1
Paper: baja breeze, white, DCWV Nana's Nursery (Dorothy's dress)
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: copics, love language EF, Spellbinders In Spades pendant, brads, ribbon, xmas red stickles, dimensionals


Thanks So much for hopping by! You should have arrived from Cathy's, and from here you will hop on over to see what Cindy's! Make sure to leave a comment on all the Blogs along the way to increase your chances to win some new FREE rubber! The cut off time to leave a comment will be Friday May 21 at 10 pm est. In case you got lost along the way, here's a list of all the participants!




Laurie - you are here








All the stamps will be available for purchase tonight after the Blog Hop! This set is so fun and I know if you're on a budget, it will be hard to decide what to get, but Tanya is offering discounts for those who want the whole set, so make sure to check it out here at Riley and Company!


And if you missed it, here's a link to all the Oz set so far and my Riley Storage. Buying umounted is less expensive, so you can buy more!
Have fun, leave some love and good luck!
Laurie

51 comments:

Leanne said...

Holy COW! These are OZ-SOME!

Kathy H said...

Fantastic job! And your coloring is so awesome!!!!

Lora said...

Amazing!! I love them all!!!

Anonymous said...

So amazing and wonderful and oh my! These are truly Oz worthy. I just love them all!

Gina Lindsay said...

Great cards, I love the way you have popped up some of each image. Love this release!

StampOwl said...

these are all awesome ... and I think I need a new punch it is perfect for that image

Silli said...

This is sooo beautiful!

Wendalyn said...

Your cards are so creative I just love them they are too cute. You are very talented TFS

Cindy Haffner said...

FAUBLOUS!!!

Riley and Company said...

OMG. My mouth is hanging open. These are truly w ork of art Laurie! LOVE the Emerald City!

Jolene Barron said...

Your cards are AWESOME!! I love, love, love your Emerald City! What a great card :o) Thanks for sharing!

Shawnee Stamper said...

Oh Laurie! Fabulous! I am not sure which is my fave. The punched Emerald City background - what an idea! Or the cute flying monkey background. Or the beautiful Dorothy card! Love them all!

contrapat said...

What a wonderful witchy card! Such fun blog hopping!

Rose said...

Wll three cards are awesome, I love your Emerald City, that monkey background is fabu and Dorothy and Toto are precious. Your coloring is beautiful. All three cards are wonderful, they should be matted and framed!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I cannot choose just 1 favorite ... they are all amazing!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you colored the background of monkeys for the witch card!!! AWESOME job!!!

Jeri said...

Oh my, simply incredible. That Emerald City and yellow brick road are fantastic. I can't believe you stamped all those monkeys and colored them by hand. And those sparkling ruby slippers. Too, too cute.

Card-ologist said...

you are amazing, I love all your cards.

Anonymous said...

I love the cards - especially the first with the city in the background - so very OZ. TFS!

Sarah C.

Patti said...

Georgous!!

Big Red said...

What a great job love the flying monkeys.

soapymom said...

Love the flying monkeys card! What a great idea!

Jane P. said...

Love how you did the Emerald City!

Jane P.

Cathy said...

Yep, Laurie, all of your cards are drop dead gorgeous. You are always so creative with your designs. Love em. You Rock!!!

April said...

My fingers are cramped thinking about coloring that background - but it is totally something I would do to!! Great cards!!

Unknown said...

I love how you did the Emerald City.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards and your coloring is great!

Sally said...

I love Wizard of Oz. All of these new stamps are so cute! I have to get them all. Thank u for the blog hop and sharing your designs with the new stamps.

JessicaK said...

Too much eye candy, so pretty, so pretty! I love that city scape, and those flying Rileys - so classic.

hellerlittle said...

Lustige Stempelchen gibt es da wieder... ich mag das Thema sehr gerne...also hoffe ich nun einfach mal auf den Hop-Gewinn *smile

hellerlittle

Bonnie said...

WOW! You did an absolutely incredible job! I love the moose-monkeys! Cute!

laura said...

Loved he witch and her monkeys

Melodie said...

Your Riley-cards are so beautiful, I love Riley so much.
Hugs
Melodie

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness, you cards are amazing Laurie!!!

momsforest said...

CUTE!

Janet said...

Oh dear, that witch card is amazing and as you said took forever to color, great job however. Thanks for the inspiration.

slbt17 said...

wonderful, absolutely wonderful!
Sandra

Laurie Gibson said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I love the card with the flying monkeys!! I am so glad you put forth the effort. Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

The wicked witch Riley is just too cute, I love her!

Anonymous said...

The further I get through the blog hop the more I want the whole set, these are so much fun, thank you!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

These are OUTSTANDING, Laurie...absolutely BRILLIANT!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the one where they're headed down the yellow brick road...GENIUS!!!!! WOW!!!!!

sundownerin said...

Sehr sehr schön.

April said...

OMGosh...this yellow brick road keeps getting bette4r and better...I just love your projects...lots of coloring involved there...wonderful!!
aprilLower

Patty said...

Wow, the designers' cards are fabulous with these new Oz series.
I need some!

Cathy Spicer said...

WAHOO! I was awed by the Emerald City in the first card and my jaw just keep dropping as I scrolled down - by the end you could drive a semi into my gapping mouth!

DianneinIdaho said...

Cute! You sure used lots of Copic ink!

Gramma Donna said...

Unbelievable! I truely do not have a favorite, all of them are terrific!

scrappintlc said...

OMG!!!! Phenomenal, especially love the emerald city one. I really really really hope I win, I have loved that movie since I was a little girl and watched it every year its been on. Pick me. Purty Please. :)

BrownEyes66 said...

These are seriously some of the most adorable cards I've ever seen! Seriously! Your layouts are fab and I love the Emerald City - very clever! When I suggested to Tanya that she do a Wizard of Oz Riley, I had absolutely no idea they'd be this cute. You ROCKED this! Thanks!

Michelle (Stamper's Ink Staff!)

Adirondack Annie said...

Awesome Cards, WOW!!! Love the way you did the Emerald City behind the OZ Gang!!! The Flying Monkey's are 1 of my favorites!
Love your cards! Thank you sharing your talent w/ us!

Anonymous said...

OMG - these cards are the best! Beautiful!!!

Alissa H said...

Adorable!!!