Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flying Cats, Oh My!

Hello, I made this card for two challenges. This weeks MOJO185 sketch! And this weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge MMTPT140. This weeks Destination Station is Linda, see is recovering from Spinal surgery, and we are sending her cards with cats to cheer her up! Linda's friend Leigh Grady has generously offering this free image for anyone who would like to make a card for Linda!

Isn't this the cutest chubby cat! I love cats, so this was fun to work with! I love the way the cat turned out, not sure I'm thrilled with the background & ribbon, but hopefully it will make Linda smile!

I printed two cats, coloured them and then cut one cat body out. I added dazzling diamonds glitter to the wings, even the wings I cut off the first cat. The wings on the whole image are slightly curled. Then I glued the wings pieces I had cut away from the first image onto the back. Then I used dimensionals to add the body on top!

The card base is melon mambo, with a layer of very vanilla embossed with a Butterfly EF. The center panel is dp from SU ice cream palor. The sentiment is from a Mark's Finest Papers set called Greet the Day With Gerber.

The tiny pretty in pink butterfly was made with the MS butterfly punch, and I covered it with glitter. I finished it off with some ribbon and gems!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

KER said...

how cute is this?...very!...love the glittery wings...and the butterfly embossing is great for this card

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Laurie, love the cute image and pretty paper!
Clairex