Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tutorial, Clothes for Riley!

Hello, I just wanted to share with you how easy it is to transform Riley into Sophie, or make any clothes for your Riley or Sophie stamps. First stamp your image onto a scrap piece of paper. I used coloured copy paper here so you can see it better.

Then with a pencil, draw in the clothing you want. In this case I'm making a dress. Cut out the piece you've just drawn and using a pencil lightly trace around it onto your designer paper.

Now to make it look like it's part of the image, use a fine tip black marker and draw in any lines or detail you'd like. Then I go around the edge of the whole image with a black SU marker so it looks like it was stamped.


Now in this case, since the arm is over lapping, you can cut out the arm and glue the dress to your main piece. Or what I did here, was cut off the arm just along the side of the dress and the bottom of the sleeve. Then stamp and colour another arm and slip in under the sleeve, so now the arm is on top!


For my finished piece, which you can see in this post, I added some tiny gems for buttons and voila Riley is now Sophie!


Have a Great Day!


Laurie

2 comments:

KER said...

nice tutorial...very clear...thanks

Julie said...

Awesome tutorial Laurie! How FUN!!