Wednesday, September 10, 2008

3 New Ones


Well I’ve been slacking off on keeping my blog up to date, so I have 3 cards to post today! The first 2 were made using Flourishes stamps. Flourishes is one of my new favorite stamp companies, they just released 3 more new nets today, so you might want to check that out! Their stamps are beautiful!

The top picture was made with the’ Summer Blossoms’ set. I also made it for the challenge Faith (Markie’s Mom) hosts every Tuesday on the Flourishes Forum at SCS. The challenge was to use white dots on at least 2 layers. Here’s a link to this weeks challenge.

To make the flowers, I stamped them 4 times on white. Then I coloured them with copics, and I thought they still looked kind of blah, so I added stardust gelly roll pen, you can see that better in the second picture. I also added white with the inkssentials pen to the centers, and each flower is two layers, with only the center of the top layer attached with a glue dot.




The second card is made with the ‘Thank You” set from Flourishes. I love this card…can I say that…lol… it turned out exactly as I hoped!

I found this really cool paper at our local scrapbooking store, it’s called ‘coredinations’ it came in several colours, & the neat thing about it is it has a lighter shade inside. That means if you emboss with your cuttlebug, or tear or sand it, another lighter colour shows through! Plus it’s textured…can’t remember if it’s textured on both sides or just one! I’m definitely going to get more colours!

So this card was made with a black card base, a layer of white, & then a layer of the coredinations cardstock. I embossed in with the Script EF. The tulip was stamped on white 2 times. I cut the flower head out of one, and popped it up. The flower heads also have stardust gelly roll pen on them, again you can see it better in the 2nd photo. I love that little bit of shimmer.

Another new element that was new for me was the corsage pin. I love the way they look, they just seem to add elegance! I added a few glass beads I picked up at Walmart. I had held off using them, because I wasn’t sure how to cover the end, but in this case, it’s just tucked under the sentiment.

I also added some stick-on rhinestones, and there you have it!

My final card is made with Expecting Sophie, from Hanna Stamps, again another great company with great stamps. I love all the Riley’s & Sophie’s. I made this for a challenge that was on the Hanna Stamps Forum. We were to use flowers.

I decided to use this image of Sophie, and I absolutely love this DP from SU, it’s called ‘Sweet Always’, and it’s in the new catalogue. I have to admit I love buying DP as much as I loved buying material when I sewed & PJ pants with cute designs! I tend to buy the paper and then I don’t use it, just in case there’s a better use down the road, and what if I don’t have enough, what if they don’t sell it any more! What would I do….so you see using this DP was a huge step for me! Lol

I stamped Sophie on white and then coloured her with SU ink & an aqua painter, I’ve been using creamy caramel for her body, and close to cocoa for the antlers & hooves. I coloured & painted an extra arm so I could layer in on top of the dress which is DP from the same pkg.

The flowers were made with the fiskars flower punch, and I added flat back stick-on pearls. If I remember right, I bought them at a liquidation place & they were sold for decorating cell phones & ipods. The sentiment is popped up, and the bottom edge was made with a Martha Stewart edge punch.

I hope you all have a great day, I’m glad to see some of you are starting to leave comments! And wow I’m almost up to 500 hits…hopefully they’re not all me! Lol

Thanks for stopping by,
Laurie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You sure have been busy creating this week. They are all great cards. TFS