Monday, September 1, 2008

They made there own jewelry!

Hello Everyone…or anyone lol! I’m not sure, I may be talking to myself! Sorry haven’t posted is a few days. My body is fighting something off, I don’t know if it knows what! So I haven’t been on the computer much.

Last week I decided to do a craft with the kids, my daughter Olivia and her Friends, Daisy and her brother Andrew. I knew they’d love the ‘Little Tee’s set designed my Melanie Muenchinger and sold at GinaK. I also pulled out Melanie’s other animal sets, Cuddles & Hugs, Just so Hippy, Just so Hoppy and Hip Hop Accessories. I love them all!

I’d had this project in mind for a couple weeks, I’m glad we had a chance to do it. There’s something about having a few kids at a table creating that brings out smiles, stories, laughter etc. I always enjoy it, and I like to think it will be these fun times that they’ll remember when they’re older. Warning, don’t try this or any craft with kids if you’re a control freak, or no one will have fun! They may/will be messy, they may/ will use strange colours, etc. it’s actually part of the fun!

So our project was making bracelets, necklaces, and zipper pulls!

Materials
Bracelet kit from Walmart $2-3.00
Cotton jewelry cording Walmart
Claw hooks Walmart
White Shrinky Dink Michaels
Stazon ink pads
Sharpie markers
Hole punch
Tools to attach jump rings (I don’t have any & my thumbs were bleeding by the end!)

After they finished there pieces, I cut them out & put them on a cookie sheet in the oven. They didn’t completely flatten, so I’m glad I read Melanie’s blog here, so I knew I could use the heat gun to finish them!
If you’re up for a party, GinaK is releasing their new stamps and products on Friday September 5. There will be sneak peaks every day this week starting tomorrow Sept. 2. I can’t wait! You should come and join the party on the Ginak forum at SCS, everyone is Welcome

Hope you're having a great day!

Laurie

No comments: