Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Murray!


Hello, I made this card for our Friend Murray, today is his birthday! A week or two ago, Murray went away with his Dad & Son down East to New Brunswick, to a badminton tournament. When I first started this card, I thought that Murray had played, but later learned that is was only his Dad, who is in his 70’s, that played in the tournament. But Murray was out buying tennis balls with his Son, when I found out he had not played, so I added tennis balls! That’s the story behind the card, I was trying to make it funny, I hope he likes it!

The card base is real red, with DP from DCWV summer stack on the bottom, apricot appeal embossed with the new argyle EF on the top, and a strip of real red across the center.

The image from Under the Stars, was stamped 2 times on white, coloured with SU watercolour crayons and a Koi water brush. Then I cut him out, and layered him on bashful blue, and wild wasabi that were made with the rectangle nestabilities. The bears head is popped up, and I added a sweatband by using 1 strand of 3 ply yarn. This whole panel is popped up.

The racket was made with the 2 smallest oval nestabilities, run through the cuttlebug together. I hand drew the handle, and the mesh is actually drywall tape. The birdie was made on a scrap of white that had a triangular point. I drew the lines with a marker, and the bottom is half of a circle made with a hole punch. The tennis balls are made with a regular office size hole punch, and I drew lines on with the white inkssentials pen.

The sentiment is from Circle of Friendship, I popped up the center circle.

Have a Great Day Everyone!

Laurie

2 comments:

Anita said...

What a great way to make a racket. You are so creative!

Pamela Smerker said...

OH my goodness this is SO stinkin' cute!