Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cards For Hanna Stamps June Release Challenges!


Hello, I made this card for 2 challenges, the #2 release party challenge on the Hanna Stamps forum create a scene (which is still open) , and the colour challenge CC221 kiss & ride tango!.

I used stamps from the new 'Dino' set to create this scene. The flying dino's were stamped on various basic grey dp that matched the colour challenge colours. The kids were coloured with SU markers & copics. The clouds were made with a scallop punch mask & soft sky.

I love this colour combo, specially with the black! I was starting to feel like I was in a layout rut, always turning to my nesties first, so this layout came about by using scraps. I used the EK zigzig stitch punch on the orange piece.

The sentiment was punch with the tag punch, which I don't use enough! and tied with red hemp

I made this for the #1 June release challenge on the Hanna Stamps forum. We were to use ballet blue & apricot appeal and another colour. I also used this weeks sketch challenge SC231.

This was a pretty simple card, but I like how it turned out!

I used the "I love my garden" set. I stamped the head of the larger flower in apricot onto white for the panels.

The focal image was stamped with noir black & coloured with SU markers. You can't really tell in the photo, but the centers of the flowers are blue gems. I popped this panel up. Added ribbon & done!

There's still time to enter the contests here.

Have a Great Saturday!
Laurie

No comments: