Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rachel's Sweet Sixteen!


Well time sure does fly! My first born Rachel, turned 16 on May 27! I can't believe it, it seems like yesterday she was carrying around her favorite plastic animals and saying 'tank u berry much'! She's turned into a beautiful teen with many friends & interests.

I know I've purchased stamps thinking they would make a perfect card for Rachel, but when the time came, I drew a blank! and while my Husband couldn't believe I'd left the making of the card to the last minute, I told him the perfect idea hadn't come to me yet! it did on the eve of her Birthday! It's sort of in keeping with the invites I made & the rock theme.

I found this fantastic leopard paper at Michael's, the black part is velvet! isn't that cool!I used the rock star hanna set, stamped on very vanilla & coloured with copics. I also stamped an extra one, and cut out the arm & guitar. I used my new (also from Hanna Stamps) label 4 nesties. The 16 was made with Justrite #'s, and I finished it with black satin ribbon.You can't really tell in the photo, but her earrings & some of the guitar are covered with a stardust pen, and the guitar is covered with crystal effects & popped up.

So in honor of her 16th birthday, she had a party & a sleepover with some friends. There were about 12 teens here, and 8 slept over, I know I must be crazy, but thankfully they're good kids & there was a lot of laughing going on!
It wasn't easy deciding what to put on the invites, she's sporty, girly, likes cooking, music & art! So I decided to go with a music theme, since she's taking guitar and just arrived home from an art trip to Cleveland. They visited the Rock and roll hall of fame, and she brought me back a beautiful Bruce Springsteen mug...I'm using it as I type! I love her!


So onto the invites. They're pretty simple, first I printed the info on the computer, and cut them to measure 2 7/8" x 4 1/2". I stamped these with the guitar from inkadinkado's Rock Star set. I backed these with black 3 1/16" x 4 11/16".


The holders were made with regular size cs. I was able to get 3 from each sheet. They each measure 8 1/2" x 3 1/2". Then score at 4 1/2" and 1".The front edge that's folded down was punched with the EK dotted wave punch. I decided to slide a piece of black under the front as well. Then I used a hole punch on each side to thread the cord through. The guitar pic stamp is from Hanna Stamps Rock Star set. I stamped them in black, and used various circle punches.
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: