Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cyber Teen Birthday!


Hello, I made this for my Daughter to give to her friend for his 17th birthday! I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself, but her friends are twin brothers so the card I posted earlier was for his brother!

I gotta tell ya we're pretty close to the US border, and just knowing people are smelling and eating turkey so close is making me crave some myself! Hope you're all enjoying your Thankgiving!

This card features Cyber Riley, and he can be found at his new home Riley & Company. I stamped him on white & coloured with copics. I masked him & sponged the background, but that looked horrible! so I cut him out & attached him to white. I also accidentally cut out his desk, but I wasn't completely happy with how I coloured it anyway, so his desk is now a piece of scrap dp!

The card base is black with a layer of kiwi kiss, and then the memory keepers Teen Angst DP.

The sentiment is from 'Birthday Whimsy'. First I stamped it in black, and then used the stamp-a-ma-jig to offset it with kiwi kiss. Then I cut it out with a die from the nesties 'Tag Trios'.

The sentiment is popped up, and I used black grosgrain with brads to tie it off. The brads were yellow, and I covered them with the copic YG03 to make them more kiwi kiss colour!

Tanya the new owner of Riley, just posted a challenge today on the Riley & Company Blog, you should check it out, it's a sketch challenge she sponsoring at Delightful Sketches & all the info can be found following the link. Plus the prize is 3 Riley stamps of your choice!

Have a Great Day!

Laurie


No comments: