Monday, November 30, 2009

Jackie's Birthday!


Hi Everyone! Isn't this just the cutest image. It certainly brought back lots of childhood memories for me, and reminded me of my sister & I playing with our big old male tom cat named Ginger, he was our baby. He must have had patience, or he was so tired from roaming the streets for days at a time that he didn't care what we did to him! lol

One Christmas, my sister (probably 5 at the time) got a beautiful baby buggy! I was sure Santa brought it for my Mom who was expecting my Brother at the time, but my parents were sure it was for my Sister. lol We loved to dress Ginger in baby bonnets, and the smocked baby gowns. So one day my Sister had Ginger all dressed up & took him for a stroll down the street in the baby buggy and I guess he decided he'd had enough & took off running! (can't you just picture the big Tom running through the backyards all dressed up like a baby! LOL) He did return home, but without the cothes!

This beautiful image and many more can me found at Mo's Digital Pencil, this one is Danielle and Muffin.

I coloured the image with copics. I chose the colours based on the SU DP razzleberry lemonade. The image was cut out with the largest die in the Lg petite oval nestie set. I cut around the edge & matted with melon mambo. This panel is popped up.

The card base is rich razzleberry with a layer of white, and a layer of dp.

The white piece was made using the Spellbinders classic frame die, and I sponged on some crushed curry.

Then a piece of rich razzleberry cut with the nesties label one die.

The sentiment is from a set I bought at Michaels by Stampology called Always & forever seals. The center circle is from the SU set Make it count. I added a tiny gem to the center.

I was dying to use my new rich razzleberry ribbon, so I had to include some!

The card base on this one is purely pomegranate, with a layer of white, and then a layer of kiwi iridescent by Canson embossed with the new Victoria EF.
The image is from Flourishes, stamped onto white & coloured with copics. I stamped the flower head again & added a bit of glitter with an atyou spica pen. Then I popped it up.
The sentiment is from SU Warmest Regards.
I finished it off with gems & ribbon.
Next up is a Sketch challenge using Riley!
Hope to see you soon
Laurie

No comments: