Thursday, December 31, 2009

Keepsake Ornaments for 2009!

I was doing my usual daily surfing at SCS, and was totally awed by this stunning ornament made by YvonnAna. I couldn't get over the layers and the victorian feel I was truely amazed! I give my girls an ornament every Christmas, and decided to make this years using Yvonne's fabulous design. She even posted the recipe here. You have to check out the rest of her blog Yvonne's stamps, paper & ink, it's truely amazing! So Thank You Yvonne for helping me make this years ornaments.



I used all the same parts, but I changed my main image to Mrs Clause, from Riley & Company. For the small snowflakes in the background, I used a stamp from the Serene Snowflake set.



I let Olivia choose between the bashful blue or riding hood red, and she decided on the bashful blue.



I sponged on bashful blue, used copics to colour & the hanger is bashful blue taffeta with sheer white ribbon



Rachel's is the red one. I used riding hood red because I wanted to use the taffeta ribbon, I love that stuff. I had intended on using vanilla with the red, but I forgot and didn't remember until I had Sophie all coloured!



Donna's is lavendar lace. Her favorite colours are orange & purple, so this seemed like a good choice. Orange just doesn't seem like Christmas to me!



To make the snowflakes softer, I stamped in ink, then on a scrap paper, then on my circle. Sophie's outfit and the snowflakes are covered in iridescent ice glitter.



Stamps: Mrs. Clause, SU Serene Snowflakes

Paper: white, riding hood red, lavendar lace, bashful blue

Ink: memento tuxedo black, riding hood red, lavendar lace, bashful blue

Accessories: copics, circle/scallop nesties, floral accent nesties, dimensionals, sponges, pearls, iridescent ice glitter, ribbon



Have a Great Day!

Laurie

No comments: