Monday, June 28, 2010

Meghan's a Grade 8 Graduate!!!!

This is my Niece Meghan, we just arrived home from her Grade 8 Graduation! Doesn't she look beautiful! Where oh where does the time go? It seems like yesterday we were patiently waiting in the hospital for my Sister to give birth, and now she's off to high school!

She was so concerned about looking too girly, but I think she looks awesome! She has 2 medals hanging around her neck, way to go Meghan!!!!!
This is the card I made for her, I used the colours from her dress, or those that closely matched! The card base is black, with a layer of lavendar lace. I cut the hole with the Label #9 nestie. Both of these are sprayed with my new vanilla shimmer. It wasn't spraying very nicely, so there's some spots than I would have liked, I really expected it to be a fine spray. I wonder if maybe you shouldn't spray right after vigorously shaking!
Anyway the lavendar panel is popped up. I punched some swirls with the EK flourish punch. The flowers are white, punched with the SU 3 flower punch and I added little lavendar gems to the centers.
The image is Graduate Hanna, coloured with copics and popped up.
Have a Great Evening!
Laurie

No comments: