Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #8, Embossing!

Hello, I made this for Speedy's Friends Challenge #8, this weeks challenge is embossing! I also used this weeks SCS colour challenge, CC276 soft, appealing, amethyst.

Olivia and I went to a Scrapbook/stamping sale last Saturday, and I got a couple MS punches for $5.00 including this mouse rat edge punch!

So my card base is almost amethyst, with a layer of soft suede and then a layer of vanilla embossed with a Fiskars Paw print embossing plate. I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz antique linen.

The cat and mouse are both from the "Speedy the Cats Friends" set from Mark's Finest Papers. I used SU ink pads and a pumpkin pie marker to watercolour in the cat & mouse. I tried to make the cat look like an orange tabby, what do you think? I matted this on soft suede, the top is punched with my new MS punch and the bottom edge is an EK zigzag punch.

I didn't have ribbon that matched, so I ran some white taffeta ribbon thru the almost amethyst ink pad. It came out alot darker than the cardstock, oh well!

Reminder: Please come back tomorrow, Thursday June 24, 9 pm est for the Totally Stampalicious New Release and Blog Hop!

Today's Recipe
Stamps: Speedy the Cats Friends
Paper: almost amethyst, soft suede, vanilla, watercolour paper
Ink: memento tuxedo black, Tim Holz antique linen, apricot appeal, almost amethyst, soft suede, sahara sand
Accessories: oval punch, gems, MS border punch, EK zigzag punch, Fiskars paw prints Embossing plate, dimensionals, pumpkin pie, pretty in pink & old olive markers

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

5 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

I saw this on SCS and FREAKED!!! I love it!!!!!

Claudine Poch said...

This is AWESOME! Your cat is beautifully colored. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

dawnmercedes said...

Your tabby cat is amazing!

Dawn
Speedy Cat's Friends Challenge

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh gosh all so FUN!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous coloring on the cat! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!