Monday, September 26, 2011

Riley Sneak Peek Day#3!


Hello and welcome to Day#3 of the Riley and Company sneak peeks! This is the new Riley as Danny and Sophie as Sandy! Our 2 older girls watched this movie so often on VHS I was sure they were going to wear it out, so we bought them a DVD copy!

For my card today I was inspired by the popular colours of the 50's diners, and records!

I coloured the Riley & Sophie with copics, and cut them out. The card base is black, with a layer of silver. I made the background layer by making records using a 1" circle punch in black and, a circle from the owl punch in red dp, then I used the crop-a-dile to make a hole in the center. I glued all the records to the tempting turquoise and embossed it with a Spots & Dots embossing folder. I thought it had a retro look!

The tile floor was drawn in with a 0.3 copic liner and a black copic. I popped up the characters, and added some tiny heart gems.

This is the inside, the sentiment is from Everyday Sayings and the music notes are from the EK edge punch.

Please make sure to check out the others Designers Blogs, and our Guest Designer this month Gina Lindsay!

Please join us at Riley and Company Thursday September 29th, 10 pm est for the Blog Hop and Release!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

love all those records Laurie!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh I LOVE them!!~

Joy said...

fun fun fun!

Michele Lourenco said...

Laurie,
this is s cute!i love the background and the muscial notes. simply stunning and creative!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so adorable, I love this!

Sarah Gough said...

The records are so cool!