Friday, September 9, 2011

With Sympathy!

Hello, I wanted to share this sympathy card with you. My Uncle Bob passed away Sunday September 4th, and this is the card I made to send to his family.

He was a very active outdoors kinda guy. When I was younger, a spent 2 or 3 Thanksgivings with my Uncle and his Family. They had a tradition of hunting pheasant out in the woods, meeting up for lunch and having a hot beverage made over a fire, it was a totally new experience for me. Then later we all met back at his house and he cooked up a feast, another new experience for me!

This image seemed perfect, it reminds me of those weekends in the woods it looks so peaceful! It's from a Marks Finest Papers set called In the Forest. I coloured the image with copics, then sponged in the sky and trees.

I used the cracked glass technique, and after it cracked I rubbed in Tim Holtz walnut ink (I wished I had used something lighter).

The card base is black, with a layer of old olive stamped with the woodgrain bg stamp, edges sponged. I cut the hole in the olive piece with a square nestie and added a black piece behind with a smaller opening. This panel is popped up, so the glass image looks recessed.

I finished it off with a little tag and a sentiment from SU silhouette sentiments.

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a treasured memory this card brought forth....perfect to honor your uncle

Silli said...

Wonderful Laurie, love the imahe and the coloring!!! Happy weekend!