Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Blue Nile That Won't Die!


When I bought my first house, I loved getting out in the garden & learning about all the different flowers & bushes. I loved the Blue Nile rose, mostly because it was such a different colour than the rest. I tried several times to grow one, but for some reason they just never had any luck with them! Now this one will last!

I combined 2 challenges today. The sketch challenge SC215, and the Living in colour challenge on the Flourishes forum. The

card base is copper, with a layer of very vanilla embossed with the textile EF. Then a layer of tempting turquoise, embossed with the swiss dot EF.

The image, I Love Roses (Flourishes) was stamped on very vanilla 3 times & embossed with copper EP. They're coloured with prismacolour pencils & oms. The leaves were stamped on lime DP & I shaded them in a bit with the prisma pencils. I cut out different layers of the rose. You can't really tell from the photo, but some areas of the rose are popped up. The sentiment was embossed with copper too.

I sponged all the layers, and finished it with a spiral clip, ribbon & some brads. Is it balanced? I was going to add 3 brads in the upper left corner too, but decided against it, what do you think?

Have a Great Day!

Laurie

No comments: