Friday, February 27, 2009

This Weeks Challenges


OK so here's the rest of the cards I made this week! I had to combine the colour & sketch challenge to make up time.

The first the the technique lovers challenge TLC209, rubber band stamping. Very cool technique. Wrap rubber bands around an acrylic or wood block, stamp in versamark, then cover with embossing powder & heat! makes interesting background paper. I used 2 different embossing powders, then sponged colour on the paper to get this rustic, cowboy, goldmining effect! lol The stamp is cowboy Riley from Hanna Stamps. The sentiment was computer generated, I thought it was a great font for a cowboy!


The second card combines the colour challenge CC207, pumpkin pie, summer sun & kiwi kiss, with the sketch challenge SC217.

I used my new Polka Dot Punches set. Stamp the flower with versamark onto watercolour paper, and embossed with white EP. Then I coloured them in with markers & a waterbrush, and punched them out. The fern leaves are a Martha Stewart punch, and the flourishes are the EK success punch.


My last card was made for my SIL who loves frogs. I'm also including it in the ways to use it challenge WT207, frugel finds. I didn't really use anything interesting. My frugality is not buying (ok I did buy something) not using anything new! and the thread is really old, dug out of my sewing supplies. The frog & sentiment are from Melanie Muenchinger's 'Just so Hoppy' set, sold at GinaK.

Well I'm hoping I'm wrong, but my kids have been really sick, and my Sister & Brother both had that terrible flu, and I'm not feeling so hot today! I'm hoping it passes...please please please!

Thanks for stopping by

Laurie

No comments: