Sunday, September 27, 2009

C4C4 Christmas Cards!

Hello, I made this card using Cindy Haffner's sketch on the Crazy for Challenges blog C4C4. I love Cindy's sketches, they totally inspire me!

I've been slowly reorganizing my craft area, and came across this already stamped & torn piece of vanilla. The background was stamped with gold but it almost looks like a pale green. I backed it with cranberry crisp. The card base is always artichoke.

The cute little Elf is a new release from Hanna Stamps. I stamped her onto very vanilla & coloured with copics. I used my quickie glue pen to add gold glitter to the ornament, belt buckle & bells on her hat. This panel is popped up.

Then I added some ribbon, which was the starting point for picking my colours!

This is another card I made using the same sketch.

The snowman image is from Sunshine Designs. I stamped him with noir black palette onto cardstock from the SU naturals pack. I coloured in very little with copics. I also added snowdots with the quickie glue pen & crystal snow. I was disappointed with this glitter, it's not sparkly like the SU stuff.

For the snowflakes, I made 2 of the same from the sizzix dies & glued them together to make them thicker & I did the same with 2 from a MS punch. Then I put them together with a glue dot & added the knotted ribbon on top.

Thanks for stopping by, Have a Great Day!

Laurie

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

these are both Fantastic Laurie

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun Laurie, I love both cards!!!

Lynda Benden said...

These are both DARLING! I hadn't seen the Hanna stamp ~ too cute!

Andrea M said...

Beautiful cards! Love your takes on the sketch :)

Vicki G said...

Laurie Both cards are scrumptious! Thanks for playing!

Vicki

Kerry D-C said...

both of these are delightful!