Thursday, September 17, 2009

It Feels Like Christmas!

... bah humbug! actually it's still far enough away that I can enjoy making Christmas cards, I'm not stressed out at the thought of Christmas....yet!
So my friend Sandee showed me a magazine she bought that's full of Christmas cards, and so I have been inspired. I even went out & bought my own copy!

So the layout on each of these cards was inspired by cards I saw in the magazine.

I came across the "Santa Collage' stamp image last year, and wanted it so bad! Of course there were none to be found. Then my Husband found one on ebay, I think from the UK and he surprised me with it! The company has since re-released it, and I've even seen it at Michael's. But mine is still special!

For this card, I stamped Santa with close to cocoa onto very vanilla. The ovals were cut with the nesties, and this part is popped up.

The card base is kraft, with a layer of riding hood red dp. Then I embossed a piece of kraft with the Christmas ornament EF. I have been dying to use this EF, but every time I think I have the perfect idea for it, it just doesn't seem to work, I think it works here!

The ribbon is from last Christmas, and was so easy to work with.

The snowflake brad was white, but I coloured it with a copic E53 so it would blend in.

This card uses the Winter Post set, and the Short & sweet set for the sentiment & snowflake on the larger circle.
The skaters were stamped in blue bayou onto very vanilla, and I did the same with the snowflake stamp. The circles were all cut with nesties. There's dazzling diamonds on the snowflakes, and the centre panel is popped up.
I also used one of the dies in the new sizzix Lots of tags set to make the sentiment tag.
This card uses the Deer from Merry & Bright, and the sentiment is from Heritage & Holiday.
I used kraft, riding hood red, and the dp is called candy lane, I think it was from Valentines!
I love the taffeta ribbon, I wish SU would make it in all colours!
So there you have it, I hope I've inspired you to get a jump on those Christmas cards!
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: