Monday, May 9, 2011

TSMONDAY, Bring On The Bugs!


Happy Monday Everyone! This weeks Totally Stampalicious Challenge is to include a bug on your card or project!

For my card today, I used the new Bugaboo image Deacon Bugs, now available in stamp form at Totally Stampalicious! He's such a cute little guy, and he just happens to like bugs!

I'm always attracted to cards I see with circles, I never think to use them, so I made a point of giving it a try with this dp I had in my stash, that was perfect for this challenge! I got the dp at a local scrapbooking store, it's called the ants go marching by piggy tales!

I stamped Deacon and coloured him with copics. Then the rest was pretty easy. I used a couple different sizes of circle punches for the dp and backing.

The card base is black, with a piece of daffodil delight that I had in my stash that already had the edge punched. Then I stamped it with the canvas background stamp in matching ink.

Some of the circles are popped up and I finished it off with some ribbon!

I'm also entering this in the Bugaboo Catch the Bug challenge, Anything Goes!

Join us in our challenge by creating something with a bug and upload your creation to the Totally Stampalicious Blog! You may win a prize, and all Totally Stampalicious Guest Designers are chosen from the challenge participants!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

8 comments:

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely splendid, Laurie! I can't "do" bugs, lol, but your card makes me smile all over! This is just darling :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally CUTE! I love the circles with the bugs, so very fun!

Joanne (jojot) said...

buggy perfection...love the circles of 'bugs'...clever and attractive layout

Jackie said...

This is so sweet! What a lovely job you did with Deacon! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog! I hope to see more of your work in the future!

sgc said...

Great card. Love those bugs. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Julie said...

Love this adorable Deacon Bugs card Laurie! How lucky that you already had the daffodil delight with the edge punch! It's fabulous layered with the black! Love the polka dot ribbon and your buggy circles too! Adorable!!!!

Monique said...

Laurie i just love this!!!! All those circle looks so fun...Your coloring rocks too!!

Scrappy said...

Fab Card! Love your coloring!! Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug! Hope you'll join us again soon!