Friday, August 15, 2008

Love Those Glossy Lips!


Hello, Everyone! This is a project I did with the kids yesterday. They made lip gloss with Vaseline & Kool-aid. I purchased the stamps we used as well as the little jars, from http://www.cdstamps.com/ They had a lot of fun, and there was a lot of chatter and laughing going on, perfect fun for all ages!

I had precut and scored the holders from cardstock. Then they were ready to be decorated. The labels on top of the bottle were stamped on white and punched out with a 1 ¼” punch. The insert inside the box has 3 holes punched out with the 1 3/8” punch, the jars fit in perfectly! I will come back later & post the box measurements later.

Lip Gloss Recipe

Melt 1 tsp vaseline, (I did it in the microwave), add 1/4 tsp sugar free Kool-aid, Stir until disolved & mix together completely. Pour into lip gloss container. Let cool & apply.


This recipe is enough for one jar. I tripled the recipe because I had 3 girls making 1 of each flavor. I should also mention that the colour isn't as vibrant as a jug of Kool-aid, I'm guessing it has something to do with the vaseline not being clear!
Have a great day, and I'll be back to post the measurements!
Laurie






No comments: