Sunday, August 17, 2008

U-niversity Prepared!







Hello, my step Daughter and Nephew are both starting University in September. I’m making them each a little survival tin, this is the one I made for my Nephew.

I used the ‘Little Tee’s stamp set designed by Melanie Muenchinger sold at GinaK, this set has unlimited possiblities! I stamped the shirt with black ink onto white and cut out. The U is also part of the set & I stamped it in red and coloured in with a yellow marker. I trimmed the sleeves to ¾ length and shortened the bottom to fit in the window.

The sentiment is computer generated and layered on real red cs. The paper I used to cover the tin and for the background of the lid is handmade paper. I wanted the tin to look more masculine, and this paper reminded me of leather.

I used the SU round tab punch to make the thread holders.

I also made a little book type holder for needles & pins. The belly band velro’s closed, I put a piece of felt inside to hold the needles & pins.

The tins were purchased at a local store called Prima Wrap.

The tin is filled with all kinds of goodies they’re probably used to having at home, and may need while away.

Here’s a list of things I included, I can’t believe it all fit!

Needles
Thread
Safety pins
Bandaids
Ear plugs
Nail clippers
Emery boards
Tape measure
Gum
Cough drops
Post it notes
Folding scissors
Candle
Elastic bands
Buttons
Quarters
Pen
Dental floss
Matches
Paperclips
Tylenol

I’m also going to include a gift card for the coffee shop! Cause I’m sure they’ll be needing that!

Hope you have a great day
Laurie

No comments: