Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SU Calling...mark your favorite page!


Hi everyone, I finally inked up my Tote-ally Tess set, what fun! I made this for this weeks technique lovers challenge, TLC268 - save the page. The challenge is to make a bookmark card. I decided to try something different!


When picking a set to use I immediately thought of Tess, and thought what a great bookmark she would make to keep in the Stampin Up catalogue...course if you're like me, you'd need a lot more than one! Anyway I made this for my friend and Stampin Up demonstrator Sue. I tried to use everything Stampin Up, which I think I accomplished except for the MS fence, and copics for her skin and hair!


I stamped Tess onto white, and then masked her off. The background was sponged, with creamy caramel & close to cocoa on the bottom, I also used the itty bitty background stamp for the brown & green. For the faux bushes or grass, I used certainly celery & old olive. The clouds were made with the scallop circle for a mask and soft sky sponged on.


Tess's clothes are all from the cottage wall dp, along with the tote bag and the card. I used the stamp-a-m-jig to position them where I wanted.


The bookmark is held in by the fence which is attached with a strip of 1/4" foam tape. The leaves are made with the sizzix leafy branch, I glued them done with the glue marker just on the stems. The flowers are made up of white from the 3 flower punch, pale plum from the retired spring flower punch and rich razzleberry. The fence, leaves and flowers hold the bookmark in place.


Stamps: Tote-ally Tess, itty bitty backgrounds

Paper: pale plum, rich razzleberry, white, old olive, dp cottage wall

Ink: black, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, certainly celery, old olive, soft, sky, rich razzleberry

accessories: copics, sponges, circle scallop punch, circle punches ((top of bookmark) eyelet, old olive taffeta, ribbon, stamp-a-m-jig, Martha Stewart fence edge punch, sizzix leafy branch, 3 flower punch, spring flower punch, brads, 1/4" foam tape

No comments: