Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thanks for the Favor!

Hi Everyone, if you remember a little while ago I mentioned my Girlfriend was nice enough to leave her new cricut machine at our house while on vacation! So after an afternoon of playing with it, with Olivia, her friend and my Neice, I decided to see what other cartridges were available! Big mistake, this thing is growing on me!!! I ended up buying the Tags, bags and boxes cartridge! That's how I ended up making this tree, it's one of the boxes.

The technique lover's challenge this weeks TLC267 do me a favor, is to make a favor box or container. When I first saw this tree, I immediately thought of Timber Riley from Riley and Company! Wouldn't it be cool to give this as a Thank You to someone who's kind enough to tree your tree, bring you firewood, or lend you a tree trimming tool!


I used the cricut to cut the tree from certainly celery. Then using the itty bitty bg stamps, and certainly celery & old olive, I stamped on some texture and then sponged the edges. For the trunk, I used chocolate chip & the woodgrain bg stamp, then I sponged the edges with chocolate chip.
Timber Riley was stamped with black, onto white. I coloured him with copics. Added clothes, because it just seems wrong to cut trees naked...and dangerous! lol The image was cut and layers onto a nestie scallop circle.
I'd love to hear what you think, have a great day!
Laurie
Stamps: Timber Riley, SU itty bitty bg's, woodgrain bg
Paper: certainly celery, white, chocolate chip
Ink: memento tuxedo black, certainly celery, old olive, chocolate chip
Accessories: cricut-tags, bags & boxes, circle/scallop nesties, circle punches, copics, sponges, brad

No comments: