Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Riley Sneak Peek Day 2!

Hi Everyone, time for more sneak peeks! These new stamps from Riley and Company are so much fun to use! I combined both of todays cards with the Dare to Get Dirty challenges again.

The first one above, is Under the Tree Riley, and he was the perfect image to use with
DTGD10rainy - sketch challenge
DTGD10JeanneS - coloure challenge red, yellow, green
DTGD10flowergal36 - winged things

I stamped Riley onto white and coloured him with copics. The butterfly was also coloured with lemon copics atyou spica.

The card base is riding hood red, with a layer of white embossed with the new SU square lattice EF, edges sponges with with so saffron.

The yellow panel is so saffron embossed with the Crafts-too butterflies EF, edges sponged. The green strip is wild wasabi edges sponged. The butterflies are from the MS punch. I sponged them a little and added gems to the centers.

The sentiment is also a new stamp being released this month. I popped it up.
For this card, I used Picnic Riley. CAS cards are definitely a challenge for me, I had to fight the urge to add more! lol

I used the DTGD10rsalamon = embrace the white space for this one.

The card base is riding hood red, with a layer of white embossed with the swiss dot embossing folder.

The image was stamped with memento tuxedo black, and coloured with copics. I backed this with the red and popped it up. It's finished off with gingham ribbon.

Make sure to check out the other Design Team members blogs for lots of peeks. You can find links to all the blogs on the right hand side bar.

The Blog Hop and release will be this Thursday July 22, at 10 pm est!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

13 comments:

Shawnee Stamper said...

Your cards are just wonderful.
The embossing and all the special touches. The simplicity of the red and white picnic makes an amazing card!

Cathy said...

Laurie, You have really created two wonderful cards here GF!! Love the embossed layers on Butterfly Riley and your Picnic Riley in Red and White is adorable. You Rock Girl!!!

StampOwl said...

fabulous cards Laurie

Silli said...

So sweet Laurie, love your coloring...Fabulous creations...HUGS

Karin said...

Oh my, your Riley's are adorable! This super cute moose has always been one of my favs and your coloring is marvelous! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment :)

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Awwww...how cute are these new Rileys....it's about time for a little Riley shopping spree I think!!

Riley and Company said...

These are adorable!!!!!!!! Your bouncy ball card yesterday made me LOL!!!! I love it!

Rose said...

Picnic Riley is adorable, love the clean looks of this card and the focus being on riley, great coloring!

Rose said...

Love the details of Riley under the tree, great layout and colors.

MaryBeth said...

Love your cards! Your attention to detail is superb. Great cards and I love all the new Riley's!

tweetskeek said...

Talk about perfect ribbon to go with the stamp and your colours.

I think I'm in love with your work!!!

Carol Sullivan
tweetskeek@sympatico.ca

tweetskeek said...

Okay... and I'm a little jealous of your creativity!!!

:-)

Carol Sullivan
tweetskeek@sympatico.ca

slbt17 said...

man, you are good!
Love the colors!
Sandra