Thursday, July 29, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #13, Masculine, faux, woodgrain!

Hello, I combined 3 challenges for this one,

Speedy's Friends #13 masculine
DTGD10justwritedesigns01, just faux you
WT281 wonderful woodgrain

The card base is old olive edges sponged. The faux woodgrain is chocolate chip embossed with the distressed strips EF and then I rubbed the chocolate chip ink pad across it and sponged the edges.

The faux leather is creamy caramel, edges distressed, then I crumpled the whole thing up. It's rubbed with creamy caramel and more mustard ink. I also added faux stitching with a fine tip marker. The faux brads are 1/4" circles covered with crystal effects.

I used a pinking circles nestie in so saffron for the focal area, edges sponged. I stamped this with the grass from Inspired by nature. The bullrushes were made using the slot punch.

The frog/toad is from a Mark's Finest Papers set called "Speedy the cats Friends" I stamped him on wite and coloured with copics. He's popped up.

Have a Great day!
Laurie

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that faux leather! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Joanne Travis said...

This is really beautiful, Laurie! I love all of the texture and that frog is incredibly realistic looking. Very nicely done!
Thanks for sharing and for playing in Speedy's Friends challenge this week!

Claudine Poch said...

Great textures! Very masculine! Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy's Friends.

Carol Southern said...

Wow, love this card. I need a couple more cards for my BIL and I would like to do one like this. It's fantastic and so manly.

Liz Williams said...

Laurie, I love your variety of textures and the colors are just perfect for the masculine look. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends again this week.