Monday, August 22, 2011

MMTPT160, Blue Bird!


Hello, this is my card for this weeks Teapot Tuesday challenge MMTPT160! We were to bring birds, hearts & ribbon...I didn't realize til after it was done that it was blue ribbon...oh well, at least the bird is blue! lol

The Destination Station this week is to Barbara a friend of a fellow Teapotter's Mother who is facing another round of ovarian cancer.

I decided I wanted to use my 2-step bird punch and make a Blue Jay so I did a search in the Gallery at SCS and found this awesome post by AnnetteMac! So I did my best to case her blue jay!

The card base is blushing bride, with a layer of white embossed with the love language EF. The bird was punched out of white and coloured with copics. The beak & eye are black cs.

The branches are wild wasabi also made with the 2-step bird punch, and the flowers were made with the 3 flower punch. I first put liquid pearl in the center of the flowers, bu I can never get the peeks to go down, so I sprinkled on some dazzling diamonds glitter.

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

5 comments:

Kim said...

your blue jay is beautiful! this will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS

Melissa said...

What a beautiful card! Your blue jay is just as lovely as the one that was visiting this morning, and your flowers are so pretty! Thank you for the inspiration!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous card - am sure that the recipient will be thrilled with it!

Ellen Taylor said...

fabulous bluejay! TFS

Wink said...

That is the most beautiful blue jay I have ever seen. He looks so real! You are an inspiration.
Thank you.