Sunday, February 7, 2010

Flower Handbag!


Hello, I haven't played in Melanie's challenges for too long, and decided it was time! Melanie challenged us to make something using her set 'A Year Of Flowers'.


I decided to combine that challenge with the Technique lovers challenge TLC58, the bucket handbag. You can find all the info and a template by following the link.


The bucket itself is plain old white with the edges sponged in soft sky. I stamped the flower stems and leaves onto white, and coloured them all with copics. It's hard to see in the photo, but the center flower is layeresd with part popped up.


The edging was made with the Spellbinders borderabilities classic lace die. It's close to cocoa with the edges sponged in matching ink, this border is popped up.


The tag sentiment and unique ladybug can also be found in the 'A Year of Flowers' set. This was my second attempt at a tag! The first one had a red ladybug, and I just didn't think it fit! lol Well that's the beauty of crafting, you can chose your own colours!


I finished it off with pretty in pink taffeta ribbon, and the tag also has linen twine.


TFL

Have a Great day!

Laurie



7 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow!!!!

Chris said...

Fabulous - I just love those flowers!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This is gorgeous!

Christi said...

Oh, wow!!! Your little handbag is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!

Donna said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and such a neat handbag!

Selma said...

This is gorgeous.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Your flowers look fabulous.