Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fun Valentines!

Hello, I made these fun Valentines for my Niece and Nephew! When Stampin Up first came out with this idea I thought it was the coolest thing, now I finally had a chance to use them! I still have to stop by the bulk barn for some candy to fill them, so just imagine them full of something sweet!


They are both pretty much the same, except I used bermuda bay for Jack's and melon mambo for Carly's. The designer paper is from the little 6x6 pad welcome neighbour. I love this pad, and may have to get another. It's full of papers with small print design which is perfect for paper piecing outfits and smaller scale things!


I used the Sweetheart set. The hearts were stamped in versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. Then I used the large heart punch in the middle and hand cut around the edge. You have to make sure you cut it wide enough to cover the lip of the candy cup.


The stem was stamped with old olive. I made the grass with old olive and the MS grass edge punch (love that punch). The little birds were stamped with so saffron for Carly and more mustard for Jack, and then cut out. I sponged the edge of the grass and popped it up.


I used a circle nestie to make the holes. Then I put a piece of matching cardstock on the inside, taped down on the sides and bottom. You just pull the tab up to reveal the opening for the candy!
Stamps: Sweetheart, $stamp on inside
Paper: bermuda bay, melon mambo, white, old olive, Welcome neighbour DP
Ink: old olive, versamark, so saffron, more mustard
Accessories: white embossing powder, Martha Stewart grass edge punch, circle nestie & 1" circle punch, tab punch, dimensionals, large heart punch
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So cute! love these! the heart flowers and little birds are adorable!