Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sleuth Lover's Birthday!


My Husband loves detective shows and stories, whether it be Sherlock Holmes, Poirot, Agatha Christie, the list goes on and on! So I knew I wanted to use Detective Riley on his Birthday card this year!


With the help of the sketch challenge SC268, it really pulled this card together!


So we have Dective Riley, eye + spy and birthday Riley! Dective Riley is hot on the trail and he's so right, there is a Birthday at my house today!


I coloured the images with copics. The Birthday Riley has stickles for icing. The eye was stamped and coloured, and then I stamped the eyeglass on white cardstock and acetate. I cut the centre out of the cardstock eyeglass and glued it on top of the acetate. The eyeglass is popped up with very thin strips of dimensionals.


I hope he likes it, now I have to go ice the cake & finish making dinner!


Laurie


Stamps: Detective Riley, Birthday Riley, Detective Hanna
Paper: black, ruby red, old olive, pacific point, so saffron, white, acetate, DCWV text prints
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: copics, stickles, dimensionals

2 comments:

StampOwl said...

oh wow this is rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Laurie, This is so great. Wonderful combination of Riley stamps to make a truly personal BD card. Wonderful as always GF