Friday, October 29, 2010

Sorry...in 4 Challenges!

I've been getting a good jump on the Christmas cards, so when this new set arrived, I had to take a break from Christmas and make something!

I combined 4 challenges, well the ways to use it WT294 Frame it, may be a stretch! But I also used this weeks colour challenge CC294 breezy blushing cake, sketch challenge SC304 and Free 4 all F4A36 rummage & scavenging!

These images are from the Mark's Finest Papers set 'Flourished Sea Creatures'. I stamped the crab onto a light pink Basic Grey dp scrap. Then I added the darker colour with a prisma pencil. The oval was stamped with the sea grass (not sure if that's the right name?) I inked up the stamp with baja breeze and then ran my old olive marker along the edge of each blade. The oval is sponged with blushing bride, then layered on crumb cake oval scallop nesties. The bubbles are pearls.

The card base is crumb cake with a layer of baja breeze embossed with a new 'Swirl' embossing folder from Crafts-too. The next panel is blushing bride embossed with the love language EF.

I finished it off with linen thread with a shell button from the $ store!

Heads Up: November Sneak Peeks for Mark's Finest Papers will start on Saturday October 30...be on the look out, there's 6 new sets coming! Please join us for the Blog Hop Tuesday November 9-12.

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunning use of that set...love it...and fab use of the SC sketch as well....so soft and tranquil

Monique said...

Ack!! This is sooooo cute Laurie. Once a month I should give this card to somebody lol.. Love it!!