Saturday, October 23, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #26, Die Cuts!

Hello, this weeks Speedy The Cats Friend's challenge #26 is to use a die cut! There are so many die cuts on the market now, this should be an easy one!

For today's card, I used one of the new sets from Mark's Finest Papers called Snowman Country! I stamped the snowman onto white, coloured with copics, covered him (or her) with versamark and embossed with some glittery EP. Then I cut the snowman out. You can see the glitter better in the photo below.

The card base is white, with a layer of dp from Bo Bunny. The center strip is white embossed with the snowflake EF. The ribbon is from MFP, and it looks like it was made to match this dp!

For die cuts, I used the shapeabilities Fancy Tags, and the circle nesties. The sentiment was made by inking up the snowflakes with colours to match my paper, then I stamp the 'Joy' in black. Then just like the snowman, I covered it in versamark and glittery EP. Then I punch out the sentiment. The sentiment and the snowman are popped up!

I finished it off with some pearls and a bow with a button from my stash that looks like the pearls!

I hope you can play along, just make sure to upload your creation to the Mark's Finest Papers Blog by Friday Oct. 29. You can enter as often as you like, and if you already have MFP stamps, use them and your name is entered twice! There will be a Free stamp set drawn for every 50 entries!

Recipe
Stamps: Snowman Country
Paper: white, Bo Bunny A gift of love
Ink: memento tuxedo black, versamark, orchid oppulence, cool carribean
Accessories: copics, Fancy Tags, circle nesties, oval punch, snowflake EF, glitter EP, pearls, MFP ribbon, button, dimensionals

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

9 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Laurie - I love that fancy die cut frame for the cute snowman! Beautiful colors too!

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous colors and papers for your sparkly snowman!! What a sensational holiday card, Laurie!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty/adorable card~ the touch of purple looks wonderful!

Joanne Travis said...

Love the colors and sparkle, this is so pretty and elegant!

redwasher1 said...

Fabulous card!! I really like the layout and your coloring is awesome.

Monique said...

What pretty colors Laurie. I love how you have used the fancy tag behind your circle..

Carol L said...

What a wonderful use of the diecuts on your card! I love how you glittered everything up after coloring!! Beautiful card!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a wonderfully elegant snowman card...just darling

Roxie said...

Super cute card and it sure has some nice sparkle to it!