Friday, November 26, 2010

Catch the Bug Challenge and Tutorial!

Hello, I made this for the Catch the Bug Challenge, Gearing up for Christmas! We have 2 Teens and one 10 year old who loves to shop with her Sister, so Gift Card Holders come in handy at Christmas time!

I used Poppixmas snowballs to make this gift card holder, I've included a picture tutorial below. Poppi is a Digi Bugaboo Image, he's one of several Christmas Penguins available! I coloured Poppi in with copics, and added some glitter to the snow. The main image is matted on real red and popped up on the garden green base. I also stamped snowflakes onto the base using a background stamp I have from Local King Rubber Stamp. The ribbon helps tie the holder closed.
Top make the gift card holder, start with a piece of cardstock 4.25" x 11" (half a sheet).

Score at 4", 5.5" & 7".

Fold the card as shown below.
Add scor tape or adhesive to the edges as shown below.

Now your cardstock should look like this!

Make an opening for your gift card. I used the word window punch and a circle punch for the center.
You can see below what it looks like with a gift card in it, unfortunately this is an empty card I used already! lol
There you have it, super easy to make and decorate, and it fits into a regular envelope!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

3 comments:

Julie said...

I Love this gift holder card Laurie! Great project and perfect timing ~ I will for sure need a few of these this holiday! Thanks for sharing the details!

Michele Lourenco said...

Hey Laurie. Thanks for joining us this week at bugaboostamps.I always love your work and this is no exception.

Rae Anne said...

Oh Laurie, you color goooood. . .;) And the touch of glitter and traditional red & green are wonderful! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Gearing Up for Christmas challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!