Sunday, November 14, 2010

TSMONDAY, Paper Piecing!

Hello and Happy Monday! This is my card for today's Totally Stampalicious Challenge, paper piecing! When I was first introduced to stamping, like many it was Stampin Up, and looking through the book & seeing things cut out I thought...I'll never do that! ha I actually love it...I know crazy!

This is Let it Snow Stella! I stamped her onto vanilla neenah and coloured with copics. Don't ya just love her plaid coat, boots & hat! I used Basic Grey's Jovial pad for the plaid and the hmmm is it cream, yellow...not sure but I used it for the coat trim, muff, hat & scarf!

So when I first had this idea I thought it was going to look much better! I do love Stella, but I'm not totally thrilled with the background! I used the swirl frame embossing folder and embossed the poppy parade, then I went over the raised bits with a black sparkly sakura gelly roll pen...it does look better is you see the glitter.

The main middle panel is popped up, and I covered the little embossed stars with vanilla snowflakes!

So if you can play along that would be great, just upload your creation to the Totally Stampalicious Blog! There's usually a prize for a randomly drawn winner, and if you play, you may also win the chance to be the next Guest Designer!

BLOG HOP ALERT: This Thursday November 18, join the Totally Stampalicious Blog Hop at 9 pm. Look for 4 new fantastic sets being released!

3 comments:

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Her outfit is super chic, Laurie!!!! LOVE it...very cool card!!!!

Julie said...

This is so beautiful! I think your background is gorgeous! Love Stella in her Fabulous winter outfit!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGoodness..that plaid is fabulous...she is so stylin' with her muff.....makes me smile everytime....fab layout as well